How to Compare Quotes
Comparing insurance quotes and rates helps you get the most value for your money. An insurance quote is an estimate that details how much you can expect to pay for insurance policies over a period of time. This document is typically provided by the insurance company itself and the rates are affected by the coverages you choose. Before you can request an insurance quote, the firm may require some personal and vehicle information, e.g., Social Security number, address, car’s mileage, and/or Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
Why is Comparing Quotes Important when Shopping for Car Insurance?
Today’s insurance companies utilize various underwriting methods. This means that the insurance rates you are quoted by one company might not match the quote of other competing companies. In addition, insurance rates can change based on the trends in the wider insurance market. Due to the
many variables at play, it is recommended that you compare insurance rates from several companies, which is something that K&N Brokerage can help with. Shopping around for cheaper rates is especially important for people who lack a clean driving record or have a poor credit history.
Factors that Affect Car Insurance Premiums
- Location: If you are applying for car insurance, it is often regulated at the state level. This means that the insurance premium rates may be higher in locations that are prone to wildfires, hurricanes, or floods.
- Credit Score: A wide range of insurance companies believe that an applicant’s credit score says a lot about what kind of client they might be.
- Type of Vehicle: The vehicle you own will affect the final car insurance rate due to repair costs after collisions and other accidents. Insuring sedans is often cheaper than trucks or luxury vehicles.
- Driving Record: Insurance companies naturally use this information to determine your future driving patterns. If you have a checkered driving history, finding affordable car insurance can be challenging. Don’t worry; K&N Brokerage is here to help.
- Age: Insurance premiums tend to increase as one ages.
How to Get Started with Car Insurance Comparisons
If you want to get insurance quotes as easily and quickly as possible, prepare the following information beforehand:
- Date of birth
- VIN of the vehicle
- Insurance and driving history
- Driver’s license number
- Address and vehicle storage location
Always exercise due diligence when assessing an insurance company. At the end of the day, you want an insurer that protects you if an accident occurs, your property is damaged, or your vehicle gets totaled. According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), you should compare at least three
quotes from different insurance providers. Each quote you request should be based on the same set of deductibles, liability limits, and coverages.
If you need any help understanding your insurance quotes, it is important to consult with an experienced and knowledgeable insurance broker. At K&N Brokerage, we can help you customize an insurance policy and select main and optional coverages that suit your long-term needs.